- GNU General Public License
An OnDemand IPTV Plugin for Media Portal for the main UK On Demand services - BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and DemandFive.
Requires Microsoft Internet Explorer to be installed.
This program is a first attempt at producing a plugin of this type to allow Media Portal users to view the official broadcaster's on demand offerings. This plugin effectively loads the big screen versions of the web players as used by the PS3. Channel five is just the normal web site.
I am hoping that there are developers out there who would like to contribute to this plugin and help me build it in to something a bit more substantial and prettier.
- Configuration Interface
- Customisable URLs (the hard coded values at the moment are just not acceptable long term!)
- Integrate the browser in to Media Portal properly (at the moment MP pauses and IE opens)
- A nicer skin interface
- Customisable menu name
- Anything else anyone reckons we need? Please help!
Currently works with Blue3wide skin only
What I would suggest is that you base your work on the Online Videos plugin, the reasoning being:
- OnlineVideos already has BBC iPlayer, 4oD and Channel 5.
- It uses the built-in MediaPortal player and controls, no external apps or browsers, no flash player
- Has all the code there for getting HD versions, buffering streams and downloading
If you could take that code and create a UK specific On Demand version I think we could have something great!