It's been a while since we mentioned the upcoming TV Engine v3.0. Since the first announcement a lot of progress has been made. So what happened since then?
Here's the current feature list:
- supports dvb-c/s/t , atsc , SkyStar 2 and analog hardware cards
- supports CI/CAM interface for firedtv/floppdtv and twinhan
- epg grabber / mhw grabber
- com skip/clean support
- radio timeshifting & recording
- multiple frontend support
- multiple backend support (1 master server and multiple slave servers)
- rtsp streaming
Things took a bit longer than expected. We had to rewrite some directshow filters from scratch to fix lipsync issues and implemented fast seeking. Currently those new filters and the new tv server are being tested and we hope to release the first preview soon.
To give you an idea of the new server, here are some screenshots of the management console: