The MediaPortal IRC channel moved from EFnet to freenode.
From now on you should not use the EFnet channel anymore, it will be inaccessible soon.
The freenode network offers better security options but also better management. E.g. by registering your nickname, nobody else but you can use it. Also spamming and all those bigger and smaller IRC annoyances shouldn't come up anymore.
- REGISTRATION IS VOLUNTARY!
- SWITCHING TO THE NEW NETWORK IS JUST CLICKING A DIFFERENT SERVER IN YOUR IRC-CLIENT!
The freenode IRC network is a network for open source projects. It offers many more options than the old EFnet ever was able to.
A WebIRC applet can be found here.
It's been a while since we mentioned the upcoming TV Engine v3.0. Since the first announcement a lot of progress has been made. So what happened since then?
Here's the current feature list:
- supports dvb-c/s/t , atsc , SkyStar 2 and analog hardware cards
- supports CI/CAM interface for firedtv/floppdtv and twinhan
- epg grabber / mhw grabber
- com skip/clean support
- radio timeshifting & recording
- multiple frontend support
- multiple backend support (1 master server and multiple slave servers)
- rtsp streaming
Things took a bit longer than expected. We had to rewrite some directshow filters from scratch to fix lipsync issues and implemented fast seeking. Currently those new filters and the new tv server are being tested and we hope to release the first preview soon.
To give you an idea of the new server, here are some screenshots of the management console: