As you might know our original plan was to release the RC1 of MediaPortal 1.1.0. next. Due to the deep changes we did during the last few weeks, and the yet unresolved tasks, we decided that it would be wise to release a BETA 1 today instead of the RC1.
We do that with the ulterior motive to ensure that MediaPortal 1.1.0 will be the most stable and feature complete release in our long history.
Major changes in this BETA are:
- WebEPG is now included as a plugin for TV-Server
- RTSP Streaming IP can be changed in TV-Server configuration
(This is useful if the default port is in use by any other application.)
- New OSD's have been slightly reworked and finished
- TV-Server configuration has been reworked in some areas to enhance the usability, like new tuningformats and simplified scan dialog
- Options have been added to TV-Server and MediaPortal Configuration to allow to disable and enable Microsoft MediaCenter Services
(This is required for TV-Server and Microsoft MCE Remote to work properly.)
- Various memory leaks have been fixed in MediaPortal
- Various fixes for the Topbar in MediaPortal
- Improved Windows 7 compatibillity
- Solved problems caused by IPv6 in TV-Server (only IPv4 is supported!)
- Added dvb-s2 support for ProfRed Cards
- Added CI menu support for Twinhan/Terratec cards
- Improved TV error handling for better user experience
- CI menu and messages are automatically enabled now
- A few more features have been added to the SkinEngine
- Audio seek with different speeds for BASS player
- E-AC3 / DD+ audio stream type support for TV
The team would like to thank everyone who sent us patches!