The MP2 team is proud to present the release of MediaPortal 2.1.2
MediaPortal 2.1.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Besides its TV and Radio services it is also offering a complete media management for movies, series and music, including posters, album and fan art as well as additional metadata (e.g. actor, director and much more) that are automatically downloaded from the internet. MediaPortal 2.1 also provides access to online video sources such as Amazon Prime. Integrated news, weather information and management for your digital images complete this software package.
The modern client/server architecture in combination with the central database greatly simplifies the use and management of the system. New clients can easily be added to the environment and connected to the MediaPortal 2 Server for immediate use.
This service upgrade fixes several bugs and introduces some new features:
- We added a WOL-manager to allow the automatic wake-up of the server PC when a client is switched on.
- We added automatic logo management: channel logos are now automatically refreshed every other week so that changes in the logo repository will be automatically available on your system.
- We also fixed a bug that caused radio logos to not be downloaded.
- A configurable pop-up window now signals that a scheduled recording is starting or has ended.
Player-OSD and Player configuration display
- We added a setting option to allow the optional display of the player configuration dialog.
- We changed the way the OSD is displayed. The first press of 'Info' will invoke the OSD, a second will either switch it off or display the player configuration, which will then close again when pressing 'Info' one more time.
- We greatly increased the speed when browsing files on removable media (e.g. pictures on a SD card).
- We fixed a bug that caused temperatures to always be displayed in °C,
- We added a new WMC theme 'Turquoise"
- The WMC Home menu has been overworked for a better user experience
- DiscArt was added to the Audio player.
- MediaPortal 2.1.2's functionality can be further extended through the installation of additional plugins. The choice of extensions, while currently limited, is steadily growing. Have a look at what else is available in our Featured Plugins section.
Full list of changes
- You can review all changes by taking a look at the changelog: MediaPortal 2.1.2 . For known issues please check out our Jira and our Bug Reports Forum.
Installation, Upgrade, Download and Feedback
- Extract the downloaded zip archive and simply run the MP2 Setup file.The installer will automatically download any missing components and install them.
- Windows 10 K and KN editions: You need to manually download and install the additional Microsoft Media feature pack first. This will add the Windows Media Player and related technologies that are required by MediaPortal 2.1.2 to work.
- Follow our Wik for more informations: http://www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/display/MediaPortal2/Installing+MediaPortal+2
- MediaPortal 2.1 introduced a new media database structure that is not compatible with versions prior to MediaPortal 2.1 Pre Release. The installer will recognize an existing incompatible database and rename it before upgrading the system to the new version.
- If you are upgrading from an earlier version than MediaPortal 2.1 you will need to redo your server settings including the setup of media sources. MediaPortal 2.1.2 will automatically scan each path and import online information as per your settings to allow using all the new features.
- Weather: If you are upgrading from an already installed MediaPortal 2 version prior to MP 2.1.1, all previously defined locations are incompatible with the new Weather provider of MediaPortal 2 and need to be deleted. To do so start the client application and immediately navigate to the respective setting entry at Settings | Plugins | Weather | Locations and delete all displayed locations.
- If you think you found a bug then please first check if it has not already been reported: the Bug Reports Forum contains all active user bug reports with their respective status. For new issues post a detailed report in our Bug Reports Forum. Make sure your report includes all the required information.
Appearance and functionality
- We invite you to make suggestions for improvement with special focus on menu layout, menu content explanatory texts and translations. Please post your comments in a new thread in the General section.
- Requests for missing/new features should be made in the Feature Request Forum. As for bugs we would appreciate if you first verified that your request has not already been raised before. Also if possible please make only one request per thread.
We hope that you took the time to read this release news as it includes vital information about the major changes. Get your own copy of the new MediaPortal 2.1.2 by selecting the download link.
If you would like to support MediaPortal, we would be happy to receive a small donation!