How to configure TV and Radio for use with MediaPortal 2.
MediaPortal 2 provides a whole-house media solution, which includes sharing TV Tuner(s) to multiple systems (clients) on a home network. Thus, the software is split into two parts,:
- Server software - MediaPortal 2 server which is a host for the TV engine that connects to the TV tuners, grabs EPG (TV Guide) data and much more. You only need one server for your whole home network. This server provides access to Live TV, recordings, schedules and all of your local stored media to all clients in your home network.
- Client software - MediaPortal 2 client which play all your media (Live and recorded TV or Radio, Movies, Music, Online Videos, Photos, etc).. You can use as much clients as you like or need. It is possible to install a client on the same PC than the server and the server still is usable for any other client too.
Make sure your system meets the Recommended Hardware Requirements. Of course you need a TV Card that supports recording installed in the computer where you install the MediaPortal 2 Server. To check which special features are supported for your TV Card, see TV Card Features
Depending on your system configuration, and how you installed MediaPortal 2, you will setup:
- Server and Client software on the same system (Single-seat configuration)
- Server software only if you do not use your server as a client to use MediaPortal 2 (Multi-Seat)
- Client software only on each client PC in a Multi-Seat setup
No matter which setup type you are using you first need to configure the TV engine. This is done by a tool named "MediaPortal 2 TV- Configuration" that is available on the PC where the MediaPortal 2 server part is installed. Opposite to any other MediaPortal 2 setup procedure this part only can (and must) be done on the server PC.
Read more on Tv Engine Setup...
TV Guide Setup - EPG
How to get EPG (Electronic Program Guide) data for your TV Guide in MediaPortal
This page has no comments.