This section allows you to scan the folder shares you setup in the previous step so that MediaPortal can gather data about your music.
- Under the section Scan Music Folders, put a tick in the folders that your wish to be included in your database.
- If you store artist images and album cover as a folder.jpg in each artist/album folder, tick the folder.jpg option
- Put a tick in the Auto-update DB on change in shares option. (This will mean that MediaPortal automatically adds content to your database whenever new music is added).
- Click the Update database from selected shares button. This will run a manual scan of the folders you have ticked. Depending upon the number of music files you have, this may take some time, but you can still carry on with the setup and this will run in the background.
- On the Rip Settings tab
- click on the Browse button
- Select your desired destination for any ripped music (probably the location of one where you have told MediaPortal to look for your music in the Music > Music Folders setup above).
- Make sure Import into database is ticked if you want to add your CDs to your Music database
- you can use Custom Paths and Filenames to automatically name tracks to match the way you organize your music for your database.