How to setup your system with the required software to access and use or contribute to the MediaPortal source code, particularly for compiling and building an installer..
This guide is written for anyone who wants access to our MediaPortal source code repository to compile and build individual branches for testing or development, using either Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Note: You should have already installed the Required software for MediaPortal on the system where you install Git, see Requirements > System Components
- Installation of Git and TortoiseGit
- Configuration of Git and Tortoise GIT
- Installation of Visual Studio
- Installation of SDK
- Configuration of SDK
- Installation of YASM (vsyasm)
- Installation of Java
Now that you've got everything setup and ready to go, take a look at the Git FAQ to learn:
- the Git Structure - Master and Branches - of our MediaPortal Git repository
- how to get a Read Only Copy of the source code from the MediaPortal 1 Git repository
- how to Clone the MediaPortal 1 Git repository
Visual Studio 2015
This page has no comments.