The Motion-JPEG (M-JPEG) is mainly used by digital cameras from Canon to create videos.
Due to a bug in the filter, which is included in Windows, the playback inside MediaPortal might fail, or show issues. To resolve this:
- ffdshow tryouts - If ffdshow is already installed, continue with the configuration step, if not:
- run the installer
- in the screen where you are asked about which video and audio formats ffdshow should decode DE-SELECT everything.
- now scroll down the list and only select the MJPEG codec
- click the next button and finish the installation with using the default values in the next screens
ffdshow was installed in above step
No further configuration required.
ffdshow was already present on the system
If you have ffdshow already present on your system then:
- go to your windows start menu
- select the Videodecoder-Configuration shortcut
- scoll the list down until you find the MJPEG entry
- change the setting from deactivated to libavcodec
- close the Videodecoder-Configuration
This page has no comments.