Date Created: 05.01.2011
On the web there are plenty videos packed/stored with the rar file compressor (7-Zip, winrar etc.) Those kind of "video files" can also be played directly with MediaPortal.
To play the rar files seamless in MediaPortal, it needs a so called DirectShow filter. RARFileSource is such a filter and have to be used for our purpose.
- The video file within the rar file MUST be stored NOT compressed (most videos are just stored)
- Not all video formats are supported by the filter (example: iso/img)
- original source from OctaneSnail (developer of the filter)
- a further development of Team MediaPortal
To install this DirectShow filter you have to do these simple steps.
- unpack the filter
- register the RARFileSource.ax
- open the command shell (cmd.exe) with admin rights
- type regsvr32 [PATH]\RARFileSource.ax ([PATH] is the path of the folder where the RARFileSource.ax is stored)
- Now a dialog should come up, that the register was successful
- add the *.rar extension in MediaPortal Configuration (video->video extensions ->insert "rar"->add
This page has no comments.