This sections describes code guidelines like coding style and other dos and don'ts.
Here you can find some links to guideline documents. Some of them are quite are written for MediaPortal 1. They are marked with (MP 1). Most of the points in those MP 1 documents still fit for MP2, but might be changed.
Some of those documents have been adapted or rewritten for MediaPortal 2. Those documents are marked with (up-to-date). The new documents reflect the current guidelines and should be observed.
- (up-to-date) Documentation Standards - Guidelines on the way of documenting code.
- (MP 1) Coding Standards - Guidelines about code layout
- (MP 1) Avoiding Statics
- (MP 1) Tester's Guide - Guidelines for testing and examples.
- (MP 1) Patch Policy - How patches should look and be submitted.
- IRC commands (Team members only) - Building a runnable version of MP2 via the IRC build command
Storing binaries in git repositories has several disadvantages, i.e. the more those files are updated the more the repository bloats. This section describes various ways to reference dependencies and externals, without storing the binaries in git repository.
This page has no comments.