MediaPortal 2 is the next generation media center software. Rewritten from scratch and not based on the MediaPortal 1 source code it is making use of advanced technologies to bring you the best possible HTPC experience:
- Watch, schedule and record live TV
- Play videos, movies or series
- Play DVD or BluRay discs
- Listen to music or radio
- Stream online video sources as Netflix, Amazon Prime or media libraries
- Get weather information and the latest news on your big screen
- Watch your images
- Play your favorite games
- and much more...
MediaPortal 2 also offers features such as
- Playing to media concurrent in Picture in Picture (PiP) mode, being able to toggle between both players and e.g. listening to your music, while TV is playing in the front
- User management with age restrictions to media access and TV-channels
- Intelligent home screen showing favorite, latest played, latest added, unplayed media and the opportunity to directly continue playing media.
- Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to provide posters, fanart, album art, and various additional metadata, such as cast, staff, and more
- Change skins and themes including a WMC look alike skin and customize everything to your needs
- Mouse and touch display support besides remote and keyboard
About this Wiki
This wiki contains some basic information about MediaPortal 2.
It still lacks a lot of details, but is constantly improved. If you are interested in contributing to the documentation (or in any other way), please take a look at the contribution guide.
Besides the Wiki additional information can also be found in
Feel free to open a new thread in the forum if you can' find the information you are looking for after using the search functionality in Wiki, forum and Issue Tracker.
This page has no comments.