We are very happy to present you this new release which is focused on increasing the stability of MediaPortal 1.2.
Some significant improvements include:
- Updated versions of MediaInfo and sqlite. This should give increased stability.
- Updates to TsReader.ax, which should give smoother TV playback.
- Updates to TsWriter.ax which allow decoding of EPG data for DVB-T HD channels.
- 0003738: [MediaPortal 1] Operand size mismatch in the 'PresentImage' callback parameters from dshowhelper to MP
- 0003737: [MediaPortal 1] Video frame size change on TV channel change fails with some decode filters
- 0003769: [general] Building MediaPortal in x64 environment fails
- 0003804: [TV / Full Screen] Under certain circumstances the wrong teletext subtitles are shown
- 0003828: [Videos] Update sqlite to latest version
- 0003827: [Videos] Update MediaInfo to 0.7.54
- 0003733: [Music] Next track skin properties are not updated if playlist is changed
- 0003830: [Music] Wrong skin properties can be shown when using BASS player
- 0003739: [MPEI] MPEI randomly hangs when installing fonts
- 0003770: [general] Debug build script for MediaPortal fails to build
- 0003791: [Music] Music label 2 is not validated
- 0003792: [Videos] TMDB images search fail (changes in TMDB returned xml)
- 0003809: [Videos] Media description file (*.mds) cause double entry on movie scan
- 0003810: [Music] Cover art grab does not work for music albums
- 0003719: [Music] Album view does not drill down
- 0002914: [Streaming] When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video playback to hang in a loop
- 0003806: [TsReader] Black screen on TV start or channel change
- 0003780: [TsWriter] TsWriter passes incomplete PMT to managed TV Server code
- 0003782: [TsWriter] PID PMT descriptor size too large for TsWriter
- 0003829: [TvServer] Prevent "IndexOutOfRangeExceptionin" PatchPMT_AstonCrypt2 code
- 0003717: [TsWriter] EPG grabbing from DVB stream does not work for Freeview HD (UK) channels
- 0003831: [TvServer] Update tuning details for 1.2.3
- 0003732: [TvServer] Digital Everywhere can cause locked CAM
- 0003811: [TvServer] Building TvServer in x64 environment fails
You can review the complete change log for 1.2.3 by using the following links:
Installation, Upgrade, Download and Feedback
When doing a clean installation of 1.2.3, then there is nothing special to worry about.
Upgrading from 1.2.0 final or 1.2.x to 1.2.3
Again, nothing to worry about, all 1.2.0/1.2.x extensions are compatible with 1.2.3.
Upgrading from 1.2.0 Beta or RC to 1.2.3
If you are running MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta or RC, then all your installed extensions (plugins and skins) will continue to work after the upgrade to 1.2.3!
Upgrading from 1.2.0 Alpha or earlier to 1.2.3
All MediaPortal installations starting with 1.1.0 RC1 can be upgraded to 1.2.3, without losing your settings.
If you are running MediaPortal 1.2.0 Alpha or earlier, then none of your extensions (plugins and skins) will work after the upgrade to 1.2.0! You must update your extensions after the upgrade! So, please make sure that 1.2.0 compatible versions of your extensions are available before you start the upgrade!
General note about Upgrades
Manually stop TV-Service!
On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped. In 1.3.0 we will completely rework our Installer to take care of this problem once and for all.
For upgrades to 1.2.x we recommend you manually stop the TV-Service, and make sure, via Windows Task Manager (enable the "all users" option), that the TvService.exe process is really gone before starting to upgrade.
We are very curious what you think about our new design which we have introduced in 1.2.0. Please share your thoughts in the dedicated forum section.
If you think you found a bug then please post a detailed report in our Bug Reports Forum.
Make sure your report includes all the required information. Incomplete reports will be removed to keep the forum clean.
Finally - the download. We hope that you took the time to read this release news entirely because it includes vital information about the major changes.
If you would like to support MediaPortal, we would be happy to receive a small donation.
The team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!