Select or change your settings for playing DVDs
The DVD settings are much like the Video settings with some variations for playing DVD DIscs or Images.
You may also configure DVD and Disk image settings using the MediaPortal Configuration Tool, see Configuration > DVD Discs/Images
Use the Navigator, Audio and Video codecs from the same vendor if possible.
*Audio Rendere*r: As of v1.3.0 you may select the MediaPortal Audio Renderer (MPAR) for stutter free playback as well as output to your audio tuner (WASAPI)
Codecs: As of v1.3.0 MediaPortal supports LAV Filters for 'out of the box' playback of most media files. It is the default setting and recommended codec for most media.
Select DVD Settings from the Settings menu to display the DVD Settings menu:
- Enable Subtitles - toggle button on or off
- Enable Closed Captions - toggle button on or off
- Turn off DXVA - toggle to turn DXVA (DirectX Video Acceleration) on or off
DXVA enables hardware acceleration which can offload video processing to your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) or video card if it supports hardware acceleration.
- Video - select video codecs, aspect ratio and default subtitles language (see Video Settings below)
- Audio - select the audio codec, renderer and default audio language (see Audio Settings below)
- DVD Navigator - select the program you wish to use for navigating DVDs by chapter etc.
Tip: It is best to use the Navigator from the Audio and Video codecs vendor (if one is provided).
- MPEG-2 Video Codec - selecting this option will display a list of all the codecs you have installed on your system that can be used for DVD playback
- Aspect Ratio (see: Video Zoom modes) - select the default aspect ratio for DVD playback from the list of supported aspect ratios or zoom modes you have selected in Configuration > DVD Discs/Images > DVD Zoom
- Subtitle Language - Select the subtitles language that will be automatically chosen when multiple languages are available (same as language settings)
- Audio Codec - select to display a list of all the audio codecs you have installed on your system
- Audio Renderer - select to display a list of all the audio codecs you have installed on your system
- Audio Language - Select the audio language that will be automatically chosen when multiple languages are available (same as language settings)
This page has no comments.