Configure or change most settings directly from within MediaPortal using the Settings button on the Home, or Plugins, window without needing to use the MediaPortal Configuration tools in Windows.
You can select the screen where the Settings button displays in Configuration > Plugins
Just select the Settings Plugin and choose either In Home or In Plugins button.
Select 'Settings' from the Home screen, or the side menu In Basic Home (Default Skin), to display the main Settings window: (location may vary in different skins)
- Configure general parameters like logs and process priority,
- startup and resume events,
- dynamic refresh rate and auto-play behavior...
- Configure your skin and themes,
- GUI general settings like home screen, windowed skin dimension, sound effects,
- Screen calibration and scroll speed,
- Screensaver behavior and parameters,
- Thumbnails creation and their parameters and quality,
- On screen parameters,
- File menu activation...
- Configure playlist,
- Share video folders,
- video extensions,
- Various video database and movie scan options,
- Audio-Video codecs and subtitles...
- Configure EPG genre color display for your TV Guide
- Auto turn on TV, Deinterlacing, Aspect Ratio and Codes for TV Playback remain the same as MP 1.2.x
- Configure "Now playing" behavior,
- Music share folders,
- Audio extensions,
- Various music database options...
- Configure slideshow behavior,
- Shared pictures folders,
- Image extensions,
- Picture database....
- Configure DVD subtitles and closed captions,
- Audio and Video codecs for DVD play...
- Configure Blu-ray region,
- Audio and video codecs for Blu-ray play,
- Parental age limit....
Note: This option displays only when you have the MiniDisplay plugin enabled in Configuration and select a display that supports advanced options. See Settings in MP > MiniDisplay Settings for further info.
Settings Pin lock
- To prevent accidental or unauthorized changes of settings you can protect MediaPortal settings access with PIN
- On every first enter of settings you will be ask to enter PIN, after, all settings can be changed without PIN question but if you leave settings and enter any other screen which do not belong to collection of setting screens and go back to settings, you will be asked for PIN again