Some users have reported problems with watching encrypted channels in MediaPortal using FireDTV/FloppyDTV cards. If you have problems with your digital everywhere card, first make sure that you have:
If you are using Windows 7, see digital everywhere's guide: Installing the IEEE1394 legacy driver
Note: As of writing, digital everywhere has decided to stop its activities. Manufacturing of products has been stopped and support has been reduced to the minimum.
Supported Conditional Access Modules (CAMs)
- Dilog Conax5.0 (CNX-STD-2.5.9m2)
- AlphaCrypt Light
See: Conditional Access Modules for further details or supported CAMS
CAMs that may not work well with MediaPortal
- TechnoWorks TechniCrypt CW
- Cam loses connection and needs FireDTV Viewer for initialization.
- See the Forum thread: Scrambled channels sometimes working, sometimes not
- Conax - Smit/Dilog/NoName (SMIT-CNX-2.3.0)
- Unusable, TV-card drops CAM after seconds
This page has no comments.