You are able to select madVR as your default video renderer. madVR, also known as Madshi's Video Renderer, bypasses the default algorithms of your computer's graphics card in the attempt to obtain images of the highest quality possible.
Description of Change
The setting to choose madVR as video renderer can be found in MediaPortal Configuration > Codecs and Renderer > Video Renderer
- Use EVR for LiveTV
Since madVR support is still in an experimental state and there could appear some minor (GUI) issues this option gives you the ability to use EVR for LiveTV and madVR for local stored videos like movies/series.
- Disable low latency rendering mode
When the MediaPortal GUI/OSD is displayed on screen, madVR will reduce the rendering time to optimize the GUI/OSD ina way that it has a more smooth feeling. If you check this option madVR will not reduce the 'present queue' and then the GUI/OSD can be slow and stutter. For example using this option along with certain madVR settings can make the GUI invisible.
- Force MP window refresh (for 3D)
If you have problems with 3D detection you should enable this setting (especially useful for NVIDIA GPU's).
- Reduce madVR frame
If you encounter flickering problems in the MP GUI (happens with Intel IGPU's) you could try to reduce the madVR rendering time to hide the flickering.
Download madVR high quality video renderer
To use madVR as video renderer you will have to download and install it manually. You can get the latest stable version from the official homepage: madVR.com
Since there are a lot of settings available to get the best picture quality you can find some useful links/guides below:
- madVR support forum (you can also download the latest version from there)
- madVR bug tracker
- madVR configuration and optimization guide
- JRiver madVR expert guide
- ViewModeSwitcher plugin needs to be disabled when using madVR.
- MediaPortal Refreshrate Changer doesn't work with madVR. For refreshrate changing you need to enable this option in the madVR configuration.
- 'enable windowed overlay (Windows 7 and newer)' in madVR settings (rendering > general settings) should be avoided because it can trigger a blackscreen issue.
- Flickering can happen on some screens (e.g. TVGuide). See: Disable low latency rendering mode option.
- Some OSD screens don't get refreshed (e.g. from TVSeries).
- AtmoLight plugin doesn't work if D3D11 is in use.
- Some plugins need to be updated to work with madVR (e.g. OnlineVideos, TVSeries...).
This page has no comments.