The Now Playing Music window is a special window designed for eye catching display while your music is playing.
Display the Now Playing Window
You can access the Now Playing window from the Music Menu, or you can configure music to automatically jump to the Now Playing window when you press Play or 'p' on your keyboard. See Configuration > Music > Misc Settings > Play Now Behavior
What is displayed?
- Song or track title
- Track number
- Year of the album
- Alternating display of the album cover and latest artist images (downloaded from Last.fm) and visualizations (if enabled)
- Current time elapsed
- Duration of the song
- Slide bar of the progress of the song playing.
- Next Track
- Analog or LED vu meters (as of MediaPortal 1.1.0)
Most skins also support display of:
- Best album tracks (from Last.fm)
- Similarly tagged songs (track suggestions)
MediaPortal actually searches the songs in your songs collection with the same tag and displays similarly tagged tracks from Last.fm.
The "best tracks" and "other tracks tagged with" (track suggestions) are only available if MediaPortal can access an active internet connection, and if you have enable Internet lookups in Configuation > Music on the Now Playing tab.
What are the benefits of this feature?
Make listening to music a visual experience,.
When to use this feature?
When you want to get laid.
Fanart Handler - to display artist fanart backdrops on Now Playing in some skin
- Customize Now Playing (Intermediate)
This page has no comments.