Provides information about the system requirements, software prerequisites and a step-by-step installation guide.
Like any software, MediaPortal 2 has minimum system requirements in order to work. The hardware related system requirements are similar to the ones for MediaPortal 1, which can be found on our website under Products > MediaPortal > Requirements.
- .NET Framework 4.5.1 Full (or newer): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40779
- DirectX 9 runtime (June 2010): http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109
- Visual C++ 2008 SP1 (x86) redistributables: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=5582
- Visual C++ 2010 (x86) redistributables: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
- Visual C++ 2013 (x86) redistributables: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
- Visual C++ 2015 (X86) redistributables
Additional requirements for Windows 10 N and KN editions
- Media Feature Pack for Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49919
- Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Anniversary Update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=53356
MediaPortal 2 is developed to run on modern operating systems and supports only Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 in both 32 and 64 bit versions. While not officially supported, MediaPortal can also be operated on server systems and has been demonstrated to run under Microsoft Server 2012.
The most recent DirectX 9 runtime (June 2010) needs to be installed. DX9 is always necessary, even if a higher DirectX version (e.g. DX11) already exists on your system.
We have found that some of the above packages as well as the Dokan software cannot be installed if certain Windows updates are missing. In such cases the MediaPortal 2 installer will throw error messages with different error numbers (e.g.
0x80070001) and quit.
If you encounter such problems, run Windows Update and install missing security packages.
- Installation Procedure (Beginner)
- Custom Installation (Intermediate)
- Network Configurations
This page has no comments.