There are different types of subtitles supported. MediaPortal's subtitles engine supports embedded (such as in a .mkv container) and external (normally .srt files) subtitles.
- Internal subtitles (Embedded into mkv containers)
- External Subtitles
- Teletext subtitles (Work in progress)
To make MP2 recognize an .srt file correctly, it must have the same name as the video file with an optional language suffix in file name.
Supported file extensions
Storage of subtitles can be done as follows:
- Subtitles saved in directly Media Item folder
- Subtitles saved in [folder]\Subitles\ sub folder of Media Item folder
Note that only subtitle files with a matching file name will be loaded by MediaPortal 2. The nomenclature of subtitles is as follows:
- [filename].srt → The [filename] is shown in the subtitle selection menu
- [filename].English.srt → “English” will be shown in the subtitle selection menu
- [filename].en.srt → “en” will be shown in the subtitle selection menu, but the language is recognized as “English”
- In case the [filename] of a subtitle contains already dots “.”, the subtitle will be ignored
- In case you want to mark e.g. forced subtitles the comment needs to be separated by a “-“: [filename].English-Forced.srt
This page has no comments.