Browse, download, install, update and uninstall extensions for MediaPortal.
MediaPortal Extensions Manager (MPEM)
MediaPortal provides a standard installer for all Extensions: Plugins and Skins. As of v 1.3.0 it has been renamed the *MediaPortal Extensions Manage*r (MPEM) since it does much more than just install extensions.
Start MediaPortal Extension Manager via the desktop shortcut or Start Menu > Programs > Team MediaPortal > MediaPortal
Tip Update/Refresh the list of Extensions from the File Menu if you have not set MPEM to automatically update the list.
MPEM provides two main views:
- Installed Extensions - a list of the extensions you have installed for your current MediaPortal installation
- Known Extensions - a list of all extensions, excluding those you have installed, known to support MPEM from an online repository
After you start MPEM you will first see an overview of Installed extensions (if you have installed any using MPEInstaller).
This quick list shows the name and author(s) of an extensions and the currently installed version. When an extension can be updated, the orange update icon appears. Selecting an extension in the list will open a larger view giving you access to
- the extension description that was provided by the author
- icon links to the forum discussion and homepage
- a slideshow of screenshots
- Install button that pops up a list of available versions of the extension
- Uninstall button that lets you remove the extension
- Configure button that opens the Configuration page of the extension
- Update button when an update is available
Functions are now accessible via an easy to use Menu Bar.
The file menu provides access to a few important actions:
- Open and install an extension file that you have downloaded manually
- Refresh the update information about newer extension versions from the online repository
- Update all installed extensions to their latest versions
- Clean the cache of old and no longer required files - such as versions of an extension you had installed previously
The View menu allows you to select if you wish to view:
- only stable extensions (i.e. not beta, test releases)
- only compatible - with the current installed version of MediaPortal installed
Select Settings to choose when to automatically download (and install) extensions
The bottom of the window displays important information:
- on the left side - a hint if there are any extensions hidden (e.g. via the View menu options)
- on the right side - a date that shows when MPEM last checked the web for new or updated extensions
Browse and Install extensions
Once you have Updated Info on all the currently available extensions, you can:
- browse through all the available extensions, get more info and install the ones you like.
- filter the list by selecting Tags from the drop down list
- Add a search term to the Filter box
The red exclamation icon shows that this extension is incompatible with your currently installed MediaPortal version. You can click on it to see more details about the incompatibilities and inform or ask the author to provide an update.
Create an Installer
To create an MPEI installer, see: MPEMaker
This page has no comments.