Libretro cores can be downloaded from within MediaPortal 2, this is the recommended way as only compatible cores are shown as well as additional versions of cores built specifically for MediaPortal. Cores can also be manually downloaded from the Libretro buildbot page here.
If downloading manually, e nsure you download cores built for Windows x86 and check Core Compatibility for cores that will cause issues.
By default, cores are downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\LibRetro\cores, _You can change this directory by selecting the _Cores directory setting at Settings -> Plugins -> Emulators -> Libretro -> Paths. This is also the directory that is checked for available cores when configuring an emulator. You can manually add a core from a different location by selecting Manual Input _on the _Choose a libretro core screen.
Downloading and configuring a core
- Navigate to the plugin's settings (Settings -> Plugins -> Emulators) and select Configure emulators
- Select Add emulator from the left hand menu
- Select LibRetro as the type of emulator you want to create, then _C_ontinue__
4. You will be presented with a list of currently downloaded cores. To download a new core select Download Cores, _or to manually input a path to a core select _Manual Input
Select the core you want to add/configure, then Continue
5. You will then be prompted to configure the name, platforms and file extensions to associate with the core. See Adding Emulators for more information on these screens
6. The final screen lists the options available for the core, these settings will vary depending on the selected core. Some cores do not provide any configurable options so this screen may be empty. Select an option to view and set option values. Select Finish to complete the core configuration
Some cores require bios files to run. These usually need to be placed in the 'System Directory', which is C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\LibRetro\system by default. You can change this directory by selecting the System directory setting at Settings -> Plugins -> Emulators -> Libretro -> Paths.
For more information on bios requirements check the core's libretro wiki here.
This page has no comments.