The translations for MediaPortal 2 are managed using Transifex. "Transifex is a modern, open-source localization platform." Using Transifex offers many possibilities and advantages compared to using the xml language files directly, or some offline translation tools. For an overview about it's features check out their documentation.
- First you have to sign up and create an account at Transifex.com, confirm your e-mail address and log in.
- Next you need to join an existing translation team (click on the language and join team) or request a new language.
Note: It might take some time until your request has been approved by a project maintainer or language team coordinator.
- Communication via discussions, suggestions & voting at Transifex & our forums
- Translation process
The Transifex team wrote a guide with some tips about translation.
Top MP2 translations
Transifex open issues
These open Transifex issues might be useful for MediaPortal 2:
- High Priority - Request for *.wxl format (Windows Installer Toolset - WiX) (#59)
- Transifex-Client (tx.exe): line ending (termination) differs between template & translation (#123 & #40)
- Transifex-Client (tx.exe): Password is stored in plain text (#9)
- Transifex-Client (tx.exe): Allow anonymous access to translations files (#100)
- Transifex-Client (tx.exe): Push/Pull glossary (#34)
- AndroidFileFormat: single apostrophe in translation is being replaced by \' (backslash+apostrophe) during pull (#122)
- AndroidFileFormat: Double apostrophe in XML root element is being replaced by single apostrophe (#120)
- Statistics widgets for hub projects (#83)
- Request: Add German (Austria) - de_AT to available languages (#107)
- Language team discussions are confusing when using Hub and outsource projects (#105)
- Deleting a language without language team not possible (#81)
General translation rules apply to languages and ensure standardized processes, usages and give general recommendations for translation. For language specific rules and recommendations see sub pages.
Translation workflowTranslation workflowTroubleshooting
This page has no comments.