Allow other PC's to connect over LAN
If you are running your SQL server on a dedicated Server and have Client HTPC's which must be able to connect to the SQL server, then you have to allow Remote Connections*.*
- Open Surface Area Configuration under All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration tools -> SQL Server Surface Area Configuration.
- Select Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections
- Select remote connections on the left.
- Enable Local and remote connections and select Using both TCP/IP and named pipes.
- note: You may have to restart the SQL server.
- Select SQL Server Browser and Service under that, and change the Startup Type to Automatic and Start it.
Required running SQL Service
Make sure that the windows service SQL Server Browser is configured to be started automaticaly. If it is not, then clients in the LAN are unable to connect to your SQL-Server, which means that MyTV will not work!
To check if this service is enabled go to Start -> run -> enter
Limit SQL Server 2005 memory usage
By default SQL Server decides itself how much memory it uses. But in some cases like a single-seat configuration you might want to limit the memory used by Sql Server You can configure the min/max amount by :
- Open SQL Server Management Studio Express under All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> SQL Server Management Studio Express.
- Select Right click on the server and select properties
- Click on memory in the left tree
- Fill in the min/max values for the amount of memory
This page has no comments.