Version 10.5 of the skin PureVisionHD 1080 (wide screen 16:9; Full HD 1920 x 1080, scaling perfect on HDReady with 1280 x 720 as well as on 4K 3840 x 2160) including the themes Standard, Horizon Up!, Modern UI and the amazing animated themes Brave New World (including the 3 "layouts" Carousel, Horizontal Scroll and Horizon) and the new theme SmartOne.
These fanart-oriented skins were designed for fast access of all MP functions, have a clearly readable GUI (with respect to barrier-free user interfaces) and offer interesting and elegant themes.
The BasicHome Editor in GUI Settings in conjunction with FastExit allow the fastest access ever to all internal and the majority of external plugins of MediaPortal and the cleanest BasicHome screens ever!
These skins are designed for MediaPortal 1.7.x - 1.28.xandwon´t run on older MP versions!
PureVisionHD 1080 10.5 fully supports the use of keyboard, mouse, remote and touchscreen.
PureVisionHD 1080 contains the following themes:
Standard (with FastExit - the cleanest BasicHome ever!)
Horizon Up! (with FastExit- the cleanest BasicHome ever!)
Modern UI (completely re-designed BasicHome with FastExit)
Brave New World (The amazing theme with smooth menu animation - including the 3 "layouts" Carousel, Horizontal Scroll and Horizon!)
NEW! Smart One with smooth menu animation (like in Brave New World) but with only one line for a maximum of 15 items ensuring fastest access to your favourite plugins and latest media, including all kinds of (configurable) fanart on BasicHome!
In Skin Settings inside the GUI you have the following options to customize PureVisionHD 1080 to your taste/needs:
Activate/deactivate random Video Fanart on BasicHome (Skin Default, Brave New World "Horizontal Text only", Horizon and Horizon Up! only)
Activate/deactivate random Music Fanart on BasicHome (Skin Default, Brave New World "Horizontal Text only", Horizon and Horizon Up! only)
Activate/deactivate Music NowPlaying Fanart on BasicHome (Skin Default, Brave New World "Horizontal Text only", Horizon and Horizon Up! only)
Choose number of TV EPG lines (10, 12 or 18)
Toggle between DVD Art/no DVD Art (rotating DVD)
Activate/deactivate display of analog clock and plugin icon in upper left
Switch between InfoService ticker or WorldNews ticker
This makes PureVisionHD 1080 the most versatile skin on the MP market!
As always, a BIG THX to all MP developers who are doing a really great job, to all MP skinners (especially to Harley, Pog, cul8er, tgx, joz, joostzilla and PsychoReptile) and of course to all the contributors/testers on the PureVision forums who helped me to improve this skin (too many to name them all...).
Enjoy it - and please feel free to comment/review it - especially errors!!!
PureVisionHD 1080 version 10.5 brings the most comprehensive overhaul in the history of this skin!
* All list views redesigned (frame at focus for small/large icons as well as coverflow and filmstrip)
* Completely new design for all menus, overlays, topbar and infobar
* Date/time display now with integrated current weather symbol
* New setting "Animation TV in BasicHome": Now the animated GIF can be selected for BasicHome TV display - there are currently 10 different GIFs to choose from
* MyMusic: New menu item "Fullscreen" in "Now Playing" and corresponding new layout as well as new animation of a Vinyl LP with tone arm moving in (near-)real time if no CD image is found (Thanks to @ajs for this idea and the necessary corrections for right-aligned grouped fadelabels ;))
* MyPicture: Simulated blur effect for background in filmstrip and coverflow view
* Theme Smart One: Category backgrounds are now always visible when background "Standard" is selected - the additional setting for the category backgrounds has been removed.
* Theme Smart One: When hovering "Weather", now the complete weather overlay is shown on BasicHome
* A lot of bug fixes and improvements
* Full support for MP Games Pack - YES, thanks to @huha all the nice MP Games are available for DL as Archived File 2 "MP Games Pack.zip" above (added a games menu to the Games button in all themes)
... and a lot of finetuning and bugfixing :D
Installation / Configuration
- Doubleclick on installation file PureVisionHD 1080 10.5.mpe1.
- The skin cache will be cleared automatically.
- Configure MP in Config\GUI to start MP using BasicHome.
- Enable the plugins via MP Config.
- Start MP.
And now: Enjoy MediaPortal 1.7.x - 1.28.x with PureVisionHD 1080 10.5!
PureVisionHD 1080 10.5 supports all plugins of MediaPortal 1.28.x plus the actual versions of:
* ARGUS TV
* Bing Image
* Browse The Web
* Clickfinder ProgramGuide
* Clickfinder Simple Guide
* Daily Comics
* DVD Art (for MovingPictures, MyFilms and MyVideos)
* Earth TV
* Fanart Handler
* Flash Games
* Fritzbox Manager
* Games Pack for MP
* Connect 4
* Global Search
* Google Calendar
* InfoService (with RSS ticker on BasicHome/Classic Home)
* Intelligent Frame Corection
* Latest Media Handler
* Media Slayer
* Moving Pictures
* MP PhotoSlideshow
* MultiShortcut Plugin (one instance)
* Power Control
* ShortCut'er with Skin Navigator
* SkyGo DE
* Spectrum Analyzer
* Stocks + Indices
* TuneIn (ex RadioTime)
* TV Wishlist
* Windows Update Control
* World Clock
* World News
* World Places
* World Weather
* World Weather Lite
Please look for the updated plugins working with MediaPortal 1.7.x - 1.28.x!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Great Skin, shame theres no MP2 version
Having tried almost all of the other skins in MP1 and MP2 this without doubt is my firm favorite. The layout is clean and very configurable and the fanart is amazing. Overall, I just cannot fault this skin, it looks great performs well, and does everything I need it to. My only gripe is that it is only available for MP1, which is ok, but I would at some time in the near future like to switch over to MP2, but I will only do that if and when an MP2 version of this skin is released.
PureVision HD 1080 is intuiitive to use and is better than most skins in effective use of screen real estate. It also makes it easy to find commonly used features, such as the search function for TV programs. The "Modern UI" theme helps to limit the "sensory overload" typical of the newer screens.