Version 9.5 of the skin PureVisionHD 1080 (wide screen 16:9; Full HD 1920 x 1080, but scaling perfect on HDReady screens with 1280 x 720) including the themes Standard, Horizon Up!, Modern UI and the amazing animated theme Brave New World (including the 3 "layouts" Carousel, Horizontal Scroll and Horizon).
These fanart-oriented skins were designed for fast access of all MP functions, have a clearly readable GUI (with respect to barrier-free user interfaces) and offer interesting and elegant themes.
The BasicHome Editor in GUI Settings in conjunction with FastExit allow the fastest access ever to all internal and the majority of external plugins of MediaPortal and the cleanest BasicHome screens ever!
These skins are designed for MediaPortal 1.7.x - 1.23.xandwon´t run on older MP versions!
PureVisionHD 1080 9.5 fully supports the use of keyboard, mouse, remote and touchscreen.
PureVisionHD 1080 contains the following themes:
Standard (with FastExit - the cleanest BasicHome ever!)
Horizon Up! (with FastExit- the cleanest BasicHome ever!)
Modern UI (completely re-designed BasicHome with FastExit)
Brave New World (The amazing theme with smooth menu animation - including the 3 "layouts" Carousel, Horizontal Scroll and Horizon!)
NEW! Smart One with smooth menu animation (like in Brave New World) but with only one line for a maximum of 15 items ensuring fastest access to your favourite plugins and latest media, including all kinds of (configurable) fanart on BasicHome!
In Skin Settings inside the GUI you have the following options to customize PureVisionHD 1080 to your taste/needs:
Activate/deactivate random Video Fanart on BasicHome (Skin Default, Brave New World "Horizontal Text only", Horizon and Horizon Up! only)
Activate/deactivate random Music Fanart on BasicHome (Skin Default, Brave New World "Horizontal Text only", Horizon and Horizon Up! only)
Activate/deactivate Music NowPlaying Fanart on BasicHome (Skin Default, Brave New World "Horizontal Text only", Horizon and Horizon Up! only)
Choose number of TV EPG lines (10, 12 or 18)
Toggle between DVD Art/no DVD Art (rotating DVD)
Activate/deactivate display of analog clock and plugin icon in upper left
Switch between InfoService ticker or WorldNews ticker
This makes PureVisionHD 1080 the most versatile skin on the MP market!
As always, a BIG THX to all MP developers who are doing a really great job, to all MP skinners (especially to Harley, Pog, cul8er, tgx, joz, joostzilla and PsychoReptile) and of course to all the contributors/testers on the PureVision forums who helped me to improve this skin (too many to name them all...).
Enjoy it - and please feel free to comment/review it - especially errors!!!
* NEW! Theme Smart One with smooth menu animation (like in Brave New World) but with only one line for a maximum of 15 items ensuring fastest access to your favourite plugins and latest media, including all kinds of (configurable) fanart on BasicHome!
* Completely new design and display of Spectrum Analyzer in NowPlaying Music/TuneIn
* Plugin Spectrum Analyzer is now part of the Installer
* New settings regarding TV Zap OSD
* Added new icons for Audio Description and Dual Tone in TV OSD
* New individual splashscreens for all themes
* New GFX in different areas
* New separator instead of "|" or "~"
* Fixed bug related to new separator showing text instead of symbol
* Full support for MP Games Pack - YES, thanks to @huha all the nice MP Games are available for DL as Archived File 2 "MP Games Pack.zip" above (added a games menu to the Games button in all themes)
... and a lot of bugfixing :D
Installation / Configuration
- Doubleclick on installation file PureVisionHD 1080 9.5.mpe1.
- The skin cache will be cleared automatically.
- Configure MP in Config\GUI to start MP using BasicHome.
- Enable the plugins via MP Config.
- Start MP.
And now: Enjoy MediaPortal 1.7.x - 1.23.x with PureVisionHD 1080 9.5!
PureVisionHD 1080 9.5 supports all plugins of MediaPortal 1.23.x plus the actual versions of:
* ARGUS TV
* Bing Image
* Browse The Web
* Clickfinder ProgramGuide
* Clickfinder Simple Guide
* Daily Comics
* DVD Art (for MovingPictures, MyFilms and MyVideos)
* Earth TV
* Fanart Handler
* Flash Games
* Fritzbox Manager
* Games Pack for MP
* Connect 4
* Global Search
* Google Calendar
* InfoService (with RSS ticker on BasicHome/Classic Home)
* Intelligent Frame Corection
* Latest Media Handler
* Media Slayer
* Moving Pictures
* MP PhotoSlideshow
* MultiShortcut Plugin (one instance)
* Power Control
* ShortCut'er with Skin Navigator
* SkyGo DE
* Spectrum Analyzer
* Stocks + Indices
* TuneIn (ex RadioTime)
* TV Wishlist
* Windows Update Control
* World Clock
* World News
* World Places
* World Weather
* World Weather Lite
Please look for the updated plugins working with MediaPortal 1.7.x - 1.23.x!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Great Skin, shame theres no MP2 version
Having tried almost all of the other skins in MP1 and MP2 this without doubt is my firm favorite. The layout is clean and very configurable and the fanart is amazing. Overall, I just cannot fault this skin, it looks great performs well, and does everything I need it to. My only gripe is that it is only available for MP1, which is ok, but I would at some time in the near future like to switch over to MP2, but I will only do that if and when an MP2 version of this skin is released.
PureVision HD 1080 is intuiitive to use and is better than most skins in effective use of screen real estate. It also makes it easy to find commonly used features, such as the search function for TV programs. The "Modern UI" theme helps to limit the "sensory overload" typical of the newer screens.