We have just released MediaPortal 1.21 Final
Highlights of this release
- We fixed some issues with MadVR
- We fixed an issue with Dynamic Refresh Rate and the MediaInfo wrapper
- We fixed an issue where the end time was incorrect when TV recordings were imported
- We fixed/reworked the Audio Mixer control for Windows 7 & 10
- We fixed a crash on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
- Audio Visualizer for SharpLibDisplay MiniDisplay updated
- We fixed a bug in the Video codec settings section of the 'Ares' and 'Default Wide HD skins'
We added new functions in the following areas:
- Added support for AAC 'Parametric Stereo' audio streams to TV player
- Added 'watched recording' status to TV section of Titan skin**
- Added audio delay adjustment capability using LAV Audio
- TV recording now uses a 'CPU thread per recording' method to minimise interaction between recordings and/or timeshifting
- TV off-air DVB EPG data processing re-worked to fix some long-standing issues with incorrect character set handling
- Live555 library updated to 2018-10-17 release version
** With this new function you get a display of watched status/watched percentage in TV/Radio recordings (similiar as in MyVideos).
Along with the above items we kept consolidating our software.
For use Bluray with BD-J support, Java 8 must be installed. We recommend the version Java 8u151 in x86 version.
Download-Link : Oracle Download Website
Full list of changes
Documentation of new features will be added to: Wiki - What's New
Installation, Upgrade, Download and Feedback
Since we switched to .NET4 you need to make sure you have.NET4 installed on your computer (not needed if you are on Windows 8 because it comes with .NET4, but you NEED the .NET 3.5 features enabled!). Otherwise you are not able to install MediaPortal and the installer just quits.
Download-Link: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
Aside from that when doing a clean installation of the 1.21 Final there is nothing else to worry about.
Upgrading from MP 1.2.0 Beta or later to 1.21 Final
All MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta installations can be upgraded to MP 1.21 Final without losing your settings.
If you are running MediaPortal 1.6.0 or earlier, then it is possible that some of your previously installed plugins will be shown as incompatible after the upgrade to 1.21 Final! Whether or not a plugin is incompatible depends on the MediaPortal subsystems the plugin uses.
All plugins that work for the 1.7.1 HotFix release, should also work with the 1.21 Final.
The easiest way to upgrade your extensions is by launching the MediaPortal Extension Installer, and let it check for updated versions. However this only works for extensions that use our MPEI system. If the author of the extension releases it as a stand alone installer, you must contact them for an updated version.
General note about Upgrades
Manually stop TV-Service!
On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped.
For upgrades to 1.21 Final we recommend that you manually stop the TV-Service and make sure, via Windows Task Manager (enable the "all users" option), that the TvService.exe process is really gone before starting to upgrade.
Custom TV-Service properties
If you manually changed the properties of the TV-Service (like restart on error options), then you must redo these changes after the upgrade. The installer is not able to save and restore your custom service properties when it installs the new version of the TV-Service.
If you think you found a bug then please post a detailed report in our Bug Reports Forum.
Make sure your report includes all the required information. Incomplete reports will be removed to keep the forum clean.
Finally - the download. We hope that you took the time to read this release news entirely because it includes vital information about the major changes.
If you would like to support MediaPortal, we would be happy to receive a donation!
The Team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!