We have just released a Pre Release of MediaPortal 1.22. Happy testing!
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release!
Highlights of this release
- We fixed an issue with Intel HDMI audio
- We fixed an issue with sound volume control and OSD on Windows 7
- We fixed an issue with errors in displayed file timestamps
- We fixed an issue with the Windows Update date checking
- We fixed an installer issue with Visual C++ 2008 SP1 version checking
We added new functions in the following areas:
- Merged HD-PVR support patches into TV Server
- Merged TBS tuner support patches into TV Server
- Merged DigitalDevices Dynamic PMT patch into TV Server
- Merged DisEqC motor delay support patches into TV Server
- TV Server tuner allocation updated to improve handling of per-tuner CAM availability
- TV Server record start/stop control synchronised to the system clock to improve accuracy
- Default Wide HD skin updates
- Remove warnings for supported Windows Server OS
- Add support for HTTPS (SSL/TLS) web downloads in MP Extension Manager and other places
- Increased the number of supported fonts in the skin engine.
- Add string.replace function to skin engine
- Add otherwise to include condition to skin engine
- Add #TV.Record.Active (RedDot) property for skin use
Along with the above items we kept consolidating our software.
For use Bluray with BD-J support, Java 8 must be installed. We recommend the version Java 8u151 in x86 version.
Download-Link : Oracle Download Website
Full list of changes
You can review the complete change log for this Pre Release by using the link below:
Changelog: MediaPortal 1.22 Pre Release
Documentation of new features will be added to: Wiki - What's New
Installation, Upgrade, Download and Feedback
Since we switched to .NET4 you need to make sure you have.NET4 installed on your computer (not needed if you are on Windows 8 because it comes with .NET4, but you NEED the .NET 3.5 features enabled!). Otherwise you are not able to install MediaPortal and the installer just quits.
Download-Link: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
Aside from that when doing a clean installation of the this Pre Release there is nothing else to worry about.
Upgrading from MP 1.2.0 Beta or later to 1.22 Pre Release
All MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta installations can be upgraded to this Pre Release without losing your settings.
If you are running MediaPortal 1.6.0 or earlier, then it is possible that some of your previously installed plugins will be shown as incompatible after the upgrade to this Pre Release! Whether or not a plugin is incompatible depends on the MediaPortal subsystems the plugin uses.
All plugins that work for the 1.7.1 HotFix release, should also work with the this Pre Release.
The easiest way to upgrade your extensions is by launching the MediaPortal Extension Installer, and let it check for updated versions. However this only works for extensions that use our MPEI system. If the author of the extension releases it as a stand alone installer, you must contact them for an updated version.
General note about Upgrades
Manually stop TV-Service!
On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped.
For upgrades to this Pre Release we recommend that you manually stop the TV-Service and make sure, via Windows Task Manager (enable the "all users" option), that the TvService.exe process is really gone before starting to upgrade.
Custom TV-Service properties
If you manually changed the properties of the TV-Service (like restart on error options), then you must redo these changes after the upgrade. The installer is not able to save and restore your custom service properties when it installs the new version of the TV-Service.
If you think you found a bug then please post a detailed report in our Bug Reports Forum.
Make sure your report includes all the required information. Incomplete reports will be removed to keep the forum clean.
Finally - the download. We hope that you took the time to read this release news entirely because it includes vital information about the major changes.
If you would like to support MediaPortal, we would be happy to receive a donation!
The Team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!