My Anime 2
EDIT: THIS VERSION IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. PLEASE SEE MY ANIME 3 FOR LATEST VERSION.
My Anime for Mediaportal allows users to manage and watch their anime collection. File management is made easy through file hashing and AniDB. With My Anime, you don't have to worry about naming files and directories correctly; just put the anime in your folder and let My Anime do the rest!
Here are some of the other exciting features of My Anime:
- Watch your anime from inside MediaPortal (great for the couch or from a computer desk)
- Maintains visual clues to episode status like watched / collected.
- Syncs your list with the public anime database Anidb.net
- Get detailed information on anime series, including ones not in your collection.
- Get information on characters, eg, character in the anime, voice actors for those characters, other characters the voice actors have played.
- Get information on related anime, including sequels , prequels, side stories, same universe, etc.
- Find missing episodes or related anime quickly.
- Directly download anime from its details page.
- Quickly bounce between anime, related anime, characters info, stats info, missing episode info, upcoming anime, downloads, and your collection.
- See statistics on your collection for individual anime or the entire collection
However, when it comes to anime, I always had nothing but problems. I had to rename most of my collection just to get my files recognized.
This plugin doesn't rely on filenames at all! It hashes each file and compares it to AniDB, which is a database that keeps track of every encoding and fansub group that has ever released anything, as well as anything you ever wanted to know about any anime ever released.
The ease of file management is only a fraction of what makes this plugin so great. It does everything I've ever asked for and so much more!
Submit review See all 1 reviews