This service offers world-wide access to your MediaPortal setup using a client such as WebMediaPortal or aMPdroid.
MPExtended is a project that aims at providing access to your MediaPortal from all over the world, as long as you have internet. The Service is our core component, which provides data retrieval and streaming functions for all clients. You will need the service to use one of the clients, such as WebMediaPortal or aMPdroid. You'll also need a client for the service to be useful.
You can find more information in our forum thread.
0.5.4, 14 July 2013:
- Add streaming profiles for Windows Phone 8 app by jwe
- New translations for Czech and Catalan, updated translations for French, Finnish, Hebrew, Indonesian and Slovak. As usual, a sincere thanks to the translators!
- Fix crash when image cache isn't writable
- Fix crash in configurator on activity tab
- Fix crash in configurator when there are duplicate accounts (and disallow creating them)
- Fix crash when external IP couldn't be determined
- Fix canceling timeshiftings (also fixes problems with WebMP not stopping a timeshifting)
- Fix image extraction from files on network drives (fixes recording thumbnails not working)
- Fix reinstallation in a different directory
- Reload MediaInfo when the source file changes
- MP-TVSeries: Fix searching for an episode
- MP-TVSeries: Fix handling of old, deleted or empty shows and seasons
- MP-TVSeries: Fix episode counting
- MP-TVSeries: Fix reading fanart and honor preferred artwork
- MP-TVSeries: Correctly handle mulitiple episodes in a single fille
- MovingPictures: Fix compatability with old databases
- PowerScheduler: Don't prevent shutdown when service is not running
- Add a watched information to our API
- Add filter support on boolean values to the API
- Improve ordering of search results when an alternate title matches
- Log all configurator crashes
- Improved error handling when an SQL query fails