Attached to this news you will find the download for MediaPortal 1.18.0 Final
Highlights of this release
- We fixed some issues with TSReader where RTSP timeouts were too short in some situations as well as seeking in recordings could trigger end-of-file if extra buffering delay is enabled in registry.
- We fixed an issue where MP was not able to find the correct Audio Renderer Device.
- We fixed an issue where TV channels were removed when selecting "Edit Recording" in EPG.
- We added PowerOff events to the InputHandler mapping.
- We added the possibility of bulk deletion in TV Recordings.
- We fixed an issue in MyVideos where file deletion failed when the file was playing.
- We significantly reduced the CPU load on BasicHome for skins using a lot of skin expressions (from BasicHome Editors) and therefore optimized the rendering times.
- A lot of bugfixing in madVR.
- We added support for the spectrum analyzer plugin (to be seen in e.g. MusicNowPlaying).
Along with the above items we kept consolidating our software.
Full list of changes
You can review the complete change log for MP 1.18.0 Final by using the link below:
Changelog: MediaPortal 1.18.0 Final
Documentation of new features can be found at the following link:
What's new for MediaPortal 1.18.0 Final
Installation, Upgrade, Download and Feedback
Since we switched to .NET4 you need to make sure you have.NET4 installed on your computer (not needed if you are on Windows 8 because it comes with .NET4, but you NEED the .NET 3.5 features enabled!). Otherwise you are not able to install MediaPortal and the installer just quits.
Download-Link: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
Aside from that when doing a clean installation of the 1.18.0 Final there is nothing else to worry about.
Upgrading from MP 1.2.0 Beta or later to 1.18.0 Final
All MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta installations can be upgraded to MP 1.18.0 Final without losing your settings.
If you are running MediaPortal 1.6.0 or earlier, then it is possible that some of your previously installed plugins will be shown as incompatible after the upgrade to 1.18.0 Final! Whether or not a plugin is incompatible depends on the MediaPortal subsystems the plugin uses.
All plugins that work for the 1.7.1 HotFix release, should also work with the 1.18.0 Final.
The easiest way to upgrade your extensions is by launching the MediaPortal Extension Installer, and let it check for updated versions. However this only works for extensions that use our MPEI system. If the author of the extension releases it as a stand alone installer, you must contact them for an updated version.
General note about Upgrades
Manually stop TV-Service!
On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped.
For upgrades to 1.18.0 Final we recommend that you manually stop the TV-Service and make sure, via Windows Task Manager (enable the "all users" option), that the TvService.exe process is really gone before starting to upgrade.
Custom TV-Service properties
If you manually changed the properties of the TV-Service (like restart on error options), then you must redo these changes after the upgrade. The installer is not able to save and restore your custom service properties when it installs the new version of the TV-Service.
If you think you found a bug then please post a detailed report in our Bug Reports Forum.
Make sure your report includes all the required information. Incomplete reports will be removed to keep the forum clean.
Finally - the download. We hope that you took the time to read this release news entirely because it includes vital information about the major changes.
If you would like to support MediaPortal, we would be happy to receive a donation!
The Team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!