After the release of the Summer'15 version we unfortunately noticed problems which needed to be addressed quickly. We improved our installation routines, have fixed the TV related and other issues and as result we now provide the "Summer'15 Update 1 Release". This release is mainly a bug fix release, but there are also interesting new features to discover! The Update 1 is generally recommended to install for MediaPortal 2 users.
Summary of changes
Compared to the Summer'15 Release this release brings following fixes and features:
- Fixes for TV feature:
- IPTV was broken, loading of plugins fixed, ini-file in correct location now
- Fixed missing registration of MPEG muxer filter for analog/ATSC
- Updated core to MP1.12 version
- Radio groups are now visible in SlimTV client (same as TV groups)
- Other fixes:
- Metadata: improved video metadata
- TaskScheduler: fixed removing of tasks
- Skin: fixed animations when leaving screen
- New features:
- Installer: our new installer simplifies intallation process: all dependencies are now directly installed
- TV: automatically create media sources for recording folders to simplify configuration
- TV: allow "auto tune last channel" when entering TV
- TV: added program search feature
- Skin: New BlueVision "Windows 10" theme
- Skin: New BlueVision "Large fonts" theme
- Skin: Added option to disable skin sounds
- Skin: BlueVision skin improved, new menu button for easy access of hidden menu
- Helpers: New Log Collector allows easy collection of log files for creating bug reports
- Weather: thanks to WorldWeatherOnline we are now able to provide weather data to the increasing count of users
The full change log is available here: MediaPortal 2 Summer '15 Update 1 Release change log
Note: Screenshots are also showing optional available plugins.
Before installing MediaPortal 2, please make sure all the prerequisites are met. The new installer automatically downloads missing components and installs them.
Important: Run the installer from a local drive. Mapped network drives will not work.
Extract the downloaded .zip archive and simply run the .exe installer file. For screenshots or further details, refer to our Getting Started wiki.
Due to the new compatibility management for plugins, older plugins can't be used without modifications on the "plugin.xml" file. Please refer to our new wiki section about this topic: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/8_Contribute/Plugin_Development/CompatibilityManagement.
As the TV Engine is now included in the installer, please make sure to stop existing MP1 TvServer to avoid conflicts.
Note for Trakt.tv users: the MP2 plugin was temporary removed from this release because the old API is no longer available. It will be back once it is adopted to the new Trak.tv API.
Feedback & Support
Discuss this release in the official release thread MediaPortal 2 - Summer '15 Update 1 release
- If you are looking for further information please check out the MediaPortal 2 wiki first. We are working constantly to improve it, and you can help!
- If you don't find an answer there create a new thread in the MediaPortal 2 forums.
- If you find a bug, please check our Issue Tracker& bug report forums first. If it has not been reported already, create a new thread.
If you would like to support MediaPortal we would be happy to receive a small donation!
The Team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!