The purpose of this section is to make information available for developers of the MediaPortal project and MediaPortal plugins. If you want to contribute code, see this page: Submit Patches
The following resources will assist you in learning about developing for MediaPortal.
- Coding Standards - Guidelines on the development process, and code layout.
- Avoiding Statics
- Patch Policy - How patches should look and be submitted.
Roadmaps and Development Progress
MediaPortal 1 source code is located at GitHub (https://github.com/).
- How to get the MediaPortal 1 source code from GitHub - Cloning GIT repository
- Follow commits from GitHub - Commit history in GitHub
- Fork MediaPortal 1 repository and participate in the development -
If you would like to learn more about how MediaPortal works, see the following:
- Skin Architecture
Compiling and Debugging
- Compiling MediaPortal - Instructions on how to compile the MediaPortal source code.
- Debugging MediaPortal - Instructions on how to run a debug build of MediaPortal.
Plugin Developer and Skin Designer Guides (How To)
Please ensure you fully understand the above mentioned topics before developing your own Plugin/Skin. Following the above Standards will make it easier for others to understand what you are trying to do within your code if support is required.
- Plugin Developers Guide
- Skin Designer Guide
- TV Card Algorithm
- Remote control documentation
- Tv Library documentation
- Writing TV-Server plugins
- Using TV-Server events in your plugin
- Example 1: Connect to the tv server and list the status of all cards
- Example 2: Timeshifting
- Creating Dumps of RAW Transport Stream
- Memory Dumps
3rd Party Plugins Compatibility
Changes between MediaPortal releases which require update of all plugins
DeployTool and NSIS
- TV-Server installation system (NSIS)
This page has no comments.