Select or change which media files you want MediaPortal to display in the video folders based on the file extensions.
You can also configure these settings using the MediaPortal Configuration Tool, see Configuration > Videos > Video Extensions.
Select the File Extensions option from the Videos Settings menu to display the File Extensions settings:
Press the Add button to display the on-screen keyboard. Type the name of the file extension you wish to add and then press Done. The dot will be added automatically if omitted.
Removes the selected extension from the list.
Resets the list of extensions to the default list.
Default Video Extensions
- Videos recorded on mobile phones
- Audio Video Interleave
- Blu-ray Disc Movie
- Microsoft Digital Video Recording. Microsoft has indicated that DVR-MS is being replaced with the WTV format.
- Flash Video, many videos downloaded by Online Videos plugin
- Blu-ray Disc Audio-Video MPEG-2 Transport Stream
- It's a bit like MPEG4, but developed by Apple
- Matroska Multimedia Container. LAV Filters that installes with MediaPortal enables playback of Matroska video files.
- OGM is no longer supported or developed and is formally discouraged by Xiph.org
- Theora is a free lossy video compression format
- Transport Stream. MediaPortal saves all recorded TV files in transport stream.
- Windows Recorded TV Show, used for storing TV content recorded by Windows Media Center
If you upgrade MediaPortal, extensions will not be updated in order to preserve any modifications you may have made. You must press the Default button to add new extensions.
This page has no comments.