Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release!
Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present you a x64 version of MediaPortal (starting with MP Pre Release 1.32) and x64 version of TV Server! Pablik has done a really great and succesfull work to port all the necessary libraries of MP to work as x64 installation. Besides of that he also ported some plugins to be compatible with x64 - especially a new version of WorldWeather. Inspired from his work other plugin designers also ported their plugins to x64, so now we can offer a x64 version of MP with the most important plugins working flawlessly with this x64 version. In general it can be said that MP runs faster and smoother as never before under x64! So our great Thanks goes to Pablik and all contributors of the x64 version of MP Pre Release 1.33!
Highlights of this release
- [MP1-5178] - MP Audioswitcher connection & switching issues
- [MP1-5182] - Update DirectX checking in MP and Config
- [MP1-5185] - MP/MPE Installation fixes/rework/enhancement
- [MP1-5186] - Fix possible crash in selection of TV-Server in MediaPortal Configuration
- [MP1-5188] - Fix AdaptRefreshRate for interlaced videos
- [MP1-5191] - MPEMaker fails to save plugindependencies
- [MP1-5192] - Skip error logging of bass_wadsp.dll in 64bit version
- [MP1-5183] - TVE x64 version
- [MP1-5184] - Add x64 support to SoundGraph iMON display driver 8.01.0419
- [MP1-5189] - Add MediaInfo caching system
Improvement / Rework:
- [MP1-5179] - MP AudioRenderer TimeStretching enhancement
- [MP1-5180] - Add HEVC support for BDReader directshow filter
- [MP1-5181] - Add platform compatibility information to MPE Installer/Maker
- [MP1-5187] - Bump NSIS 3.08 to 3.09
- [MP1-5190] - TVE: Add SymbolRate multiplier for DVB-C cards (Hauppauge WinTV)
- [MP1-5193] - Add exclude list of non x64 compatible LCDHypeWrapper drivers in Minidisplay library
- [MP1-5194] - Get video FPS from video decoder if MediaInfo is not available
- [MP1-5195] - Set higher TLS security for .NET Framework 4
- [MP1-5196] - Fix/Enhance UNC Root resolving (UNCTools)
- Deploy tools - Fixed SQL database download filename (32/64bit base on OS)
- Deploy tools - Remove MS SQL from Download only section
- Deploy tools - French language update
- French language update
- DefaultWideHD, Titan skins update
For use Bluray with BD-J support, please read the Wiki
Full list of changes
You can review the complete change log for this Release by using the link below:
Changelog: MediaPortal 1.33 Pre Release
Documentation of new features will be added to: Wiki - What's New
Installation, Upgrade, Download and Feedback
Since we switched to .NET4 you need to make sure you have.NET4 installed on your computer (not needed if you are on Windows 8 because it comes with .NET4, but you NEED the .NET 3.5 features enabled!). Otherwise you are not able to install MediaPortal and the installer just quits.
Download-Link: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
Aside from that when doing a clean installation of the this Release there is nothing else to worry about.
Microsoft SQL Server
If you plan to use MSSQL server for TV it is necessary to install it yourself before installing Mediaportal with TV Server. Instructions for previous versions are on the wiki, note that new versions were not checked for 100% compatibility.
For Windows XP, Vista - MSSQL 2005 - SQL Server 2005
For Windows 7 or later - MSSQL versions above 2008, there's no official documentation from Mediaportal but you can install and configure it based on the articles above, google or documentation from Microsoft. Compatibility has not been tested.
Upgrading from MP 1.2.0 Beta or later to 1.33 Pre-Release
All MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta installations can be upgraded to this Release without losing your settings.
If you are running MediaPortal 1.6.0 or earlier, then it is possible that some of your previously installed plugins will be shown as incompatible after the upgrade to this Release! Whether or not a plugin is incompatible depends on the MediaPortal subsystems the plugin uses.
All plugins that work for the 1.7.1 HotFix release, should also work with the this Release.
The easiest way to upgrade your extensions is by launching the MediaPortal Extension Installer, and let it check for updated versions. However this only works for extensions that use our MPEI system. If the author of the extension releases it as a stand alone installer, you must contact them for an updated version.
General note about Upgrades
Manually stop TV-Service!
On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped.
For upgrades to this Release we recommend that you manually stop the TV-Service and make sure, via Windows Task Manager (enable the "all users" option), that the TvService.exe process is really gone before starting to upgrade.
Custom TV-Service properties
If you manually changed the properties of the TV-Service (like restart on error options), then you must redo these changes after the upgrade. The installer is not able to save and restore your custom service properties when it installs the new version of the TV-Service.
If you think you found a bug then please post a detailed report in our Bug Reports Forum.
Make sure your report includes all the required information. Incomplete reports will be removed to keep the forum clean.
Finally - the download. We hope that you took the time to read this release news entirely because it includes vital information about the major changes.
If you would like to support MediaPortal, we would be happy to receive a donation!
The Team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!