MediaPortal 1.24 Release
We have just released MediaPortal 1.24 Final
Highlights of this release
- [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in MyMusic DB Index.
- [MP1-4972] - Update MediaInfo Wrapper.
- [MP1-4908] - Fix for source directory with spaces.
- [MP1-4975] - Fix restore nuget from myget as priority.
- [MP1-4977] - MatroskaTagInfo uses the wrong casing for tags.
- [MP1-4970] - Update Titan skin 1.23+.
- [MP1-4981] - Wrong sort order in some MusicViews.
- [MP1-4982] - Remove hard stop when Caching Graphics not found folders.
- [MP1-4976] - Built-in skin variables for current date.
- [MP1-4978] - Some expressions did not take into account the negative sign of the result.
- [MP1-4989] - Fix subtitle : read Lav splitter setting
- [MP1-4971] - Codec name instead FileType in Music GUI in MIME View.
- [MP1-4983] - TsWriter not processing channel's extended name with more than one segment.
Improvement / Rework:
We improved this functions :
- [MP1-4932] - dvr-ms and wtv file types are treated differently in myVideos.
- [MP1-4968] - Log all exceptions.
- [MP1-4979] - Remove Deprecated Kinopoisk grabber.
- [MP1-4980] - Update MyVideo grabbers.
- [MP1-4973] - Improve XMLTV EPG Grabber.
- [MP1-4781] - Adding madVR support
- Skin: Titan / DefaultWide (Logos for MediaInfo update).
- Language : French / Swedish.
- [MP1-4985] - Add FileType (flac, mp3, etc) as Default level in default Music Views (before Disc level)
- [MP1-4993] - Updated tuning parameters
For use Bluray with BD-J support, please read the Wiki
Full list of changes
You can review the complete change log for this Release by using the link below:
Changelog: MediaPortal 1.24 Final Release
Changelog: MediaPortal 1.24 Pre Release
Documentation of new features will be added to: Wiki - What's New
Installation, Upgrade, Download and Feedback
Since we switched to .NET4 you need to make sure you have.NET4 installed on your computer (not needed if you are on Windows 8 because it comes with .NET4, but you NEED the .NET 3.5 features enabled!). Otherwise you are not able to install MediaPortal and the installer just quits.
Download-Link: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
Aside from that when doing a clean installation of the this Pre Release there is nothing else to worry about.
Upgrading from MP 1.2.0 Beta or later to 1.24 Final Release
All MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta installations can be upgraded to this Pre Release without losing your settings.
If you are running MediaPortal 1.6.0 or earlier, then it is possible that some of your previously installed plugins will be shown as incompatible after the upgrade to this Pre Release! Whether or not a plugin is incompatible depends on the MediaPortal subsystems the plugin uses.
All plugins that work for the 1.7.1 HotFix release, should also work with the this Pre Release.
The easiest way to upgrade your extensions is by launching the MediaPortal Extension Installer, and let it check for updated versions. However this only works for extensions that use our MPEI system. If the author of the extension releases it as a stand alone installer, you must contact them for an updated version.
General note about Upgrades
Manually stop TV-Service!
On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped.
For upgrades to this Pre Release we recommend that you manually stop the TV-Service and make sure, via Windows Task Manager (enable the "all users" option), that the TvService.exe process is really gone before starting to upgrade.
Custom TV-Service properties
If you manually changed the properties of the TV-Service (like restart on error options), then you must redo these changes after the upgrade. The installer is not able to save and restore your custom service properties when it installs the new version of the TV-Service.
If you think you found a bug then please post a detailed report in our Bug Reports Forum.
Make sure your report includes all the required information. Incomplete reports will be removed to keep the forum clean.
Finally - the download. We hope that you took the time to read this release news entirely because it includes vital information about the major changes.
If you would like to support MediaPortal, we would be happy to receive a donation!
The Team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!